The Dynamics 365 Business Central 2021 release Wave 2 plan will begin roll out for general availability in October 2021, and Microsoft states that these updates center on helping users get into productive usage faster, whether they are new customers or existing. This time Dynamics 365 Business Central comes with a full list of enhancements to dive in. Microsoft claims better in-built circuits, integrations with Teams, and a host of other new capabilities and features that will roll out to Business Central 2021.
Here are some of the new and updated features offered by Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2021.
- Applications Update
- Modern Web Client
- Better with Microsoft 365 Integration
- Power Platform
Within the application, updates centralize on some of the most requested areas for improvement – including the finance and supply chain areas. Below are select new features included in the release.
- Add additional columns through personalization in various pages to gain more insight
- Add non-inventory items on requisition and planning worksheets
- Bank and payment reconciliations
- Couple records between Business Central and Dataverse in bulk
Modern Web Client
“Usability, accessibility, and stability” are the primary focus concentration of updates to the modern web client in Dynamics 365 Business Central Wave 2. Below are select new updates:
- Unhindered data entry across rows
- Performance and usability improvements to the BC web client
- Discovering reports and administration areas in Role Explorer
- Support for localized decimal separator on numeric keypads
Better with Microsoft 365 Integration
Enhancements to Microsoft Teams integration
- New sign-up experience for users who are installing the app but do not have a Business Central subscription. Users will be redirected to a page where they can read about and sign up for a trial subscription.
- Improved search term capabilities, like multiple word search and special characters, for looking up contacts.
Enhancements to working with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to download embedded lists to Excel using the “Open in Excel” action
The Power Platform will receive one major update in this release wave, which will be improving integration between the Dataverse and Power Platform by allowing an employee to embed reports from any Power BI workspaces, personal or shared, into Business Central rather than just the workspaces Business Central provides.
Microsoft has introduced the AL language even robustly to provide developers with a great experience. Here are some of the new features listed below.
- Generated documentation for AL language
- Profiling AL performance with snapshot debugger
- Transactional installation and sync of extensions on-premises
- AL compiler diagnostic messages include URLs