You can ensure that the consumption of a component is the same, regardless of the scrap or output quantities.
You can select the Fixed Quantity option in the Calculation Formula field on production BOM lines, planning components, and production order components to ensure that the consumption of a component is the same.
You can choose from the following values in the Calculation Formula field:
- Blank: The quantity is not calculated.
- Length: Quantity = Length * Quantity per
- Length * Width: Quantity = Length * Width * Quantity per
- Length * Width * Depth: Quantity = Length * Width * Height * Quantity per
- Weight: Quantity = Weight * Quantity per
- Fixed Quantity = Quantity Per
In production order components, when the Calculation Formula field is set to Fixed Quantity, the Expected Quantity field value is always equal to the Quantity Per field. The scrap % that is defined on the same line is ignored. Fixed quantity is respected by the Availability by BOM report that will show the item as the bottleneck if the available quantity is less than the quantity in the Quantity Per Parent field. The Able to Make Parent and Able to Make Top Item fields always have blank values regardless of the available quantity. Fixed quantity is respected by the Standard Cost Calculation process. Lot size for the produced item impacts the cost allocated for one item.